From research to publication – achieve publication success in scientific communications.
From the first steps of research to publication with an impact - Karger Publishers supports institutions and their researchers with actionable guidance and know-how for every step along the cycle of knowledge. Depending on researchers’ needs, institutions may choose from any combination of self-study online courses, live webinars and workshops and our practical guide book in print or online.
Early career researchers learn and gain confidence in their skills, while more experienced researchers also benefit from getting their questions answered and gaining new insights.
Karger’s Education Services can be combined with other Karger products or services.
Drafting and publishing a research paper can be a complicated process. Campus is a collection of courses that simplifies it. This bundle of 10 courses, created and reviewed by experts in each topic and delivered through an engaging format, guide researchers through the entire process, helping them achieve publication success and maximize the impact of their research.
Primarily designed for early-career researchers, the courses will also benefit experienced team members ready to update their skills.
- How to conduct ethically sound research
- How to avoid your paper being rejected
- How to write a compelling case report
- How to write a clinical research paper
- How to review a clinical research paper
- How to choose a target journal
- How to review a systematic review paper
- How to write a systematic review paper
- How to decide on preprints and open access license
- How to get your paper noticed following publication
- Essential - covers key aspects on publishing research
- Focused - 10 courses. Practical, relevant and comprehensive
- Interactive - keeps students engaged and interested
- Trusted - created and delivered by Karger Publishers - over 130 years‘ experience
- Multilingual - delivered in 6 languages
- Develop researchers‘ writing and publishing skills
- Maximize the opportunity to publish research in high impact journals from the start of the researcher’s career
- Provide trusted resources that support ethically sound research
- Receive monthly reports on course progress
- Comprehensive education to improve writing for academic publishing
- Insights into international publication standards
- Work at an individual pace with flexible, self-timed and assessed courses
- Achievements validated with certification
Check out more e-learning courses on many other topics and subject areas on Karger Courses.
I have many colleagues around the world that ask young people to review papers without any instructions beforehand, with no explanation of any guidelines that you can follow to review papers. The "How to review a paper" Campus course that Karger offers is extremely useful. I say to my fellow residents that review papers with me: "Before you start to review papers, do this course."
Prof. Dr. Fernando Schmitt, President of the International Academy of Cytology, Professor of Pathology at the Medical Faculty of University of Porto
Timeliness and attention to detailI collaborated with Karger on an electronic publication and course: ‘Fast Facts — Ulcerative colitis’.
The book is available worldwide and I expect it to be an invaluable resource to general gastroenterologists, fellows in gastrointestinal training, and allied healthcare professionals looking after people with ulcerative colitis.
Working with Karger, especially with Dr. Mathisen, a medical writer, has been a pleasure and a privilege. The professionalism, timeliness, and attention to detail have been exemplary.
Prof. Jimmy K Limdi MBBS FRCP FACG AGAF, Consultant Gastroenterologist & Head (IBD Section), Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, University of Manchester, UK
In cooperation with Enago, Karger offers a wide range of educational webinars and workshops for a broad variety of audiences, from young authors just starting their careers to experienced reviewers and editors. Training can be held online or in person, depending on your preferred method and setting. Customized webinars and workshops can also be designed according to the needs of your institution and researchers.
Webinar and Workshop Topics
- Introduction to Academic Publishing-Writing, Submission, and Successful Publication
- Manuscript Submission: Tips and Challenges
- How to Present Research Data
- How to Manage References
- How to Assign Authorship & Contributorship
- Overcoming Challenges in Academic Writing: Tips for Writing Articles
- Identifying a Target Journal for Publication
- Digital Tools for Selecting the Right Journal
- The Perils of Predatory Publishing and What to Look out For
- Top 10 Tips for Successful Manuscript Submission
- Top 10 Tips for Avoiding Journal Rejection
- How to Handle Journal Rejection
- Ethical Considerations in Scholarly Publishing
- How to Avoid Plagiarism and Ensure Reproducibility
- How to Avoid Fraudulent Image Manipulation
- How to Boost Citations
- How to Evaluate Research Impact through Citation Analysis
- Effective Use of Academic and Social Media Networks for Endorsing the Publication
- Introduction to Review Articles: Writing Systematic and Narrative Reviews
- How to Draft a Million Dollar Grant
- A Guide to Academic Book Writing and Publishing
- How to Write a Persuasive Academic Book Proposal
- Open Access and Open Science
- Open Science: Accountability, Integrity, and Reproducibility in Scholarly Research
- A Researcher’s Guide to Preprints-Importance & Benefits to Authors
- Plan S: A Revolution in Open Access
- How to Present at International Conferences
- Why Should You Be a Peer Reviewer
- How to Become a Peer Reviewer: Doing Your Share for the Research Community
- Getting Indexed in International Citation Databases
- Achieving Work-Life Balance in Your Research Career
- Finding a Perfect Research Collaborator: How to Build a Robust Research Network
- Maintaining Research Productivity Amid Global Pandemic
- Guide to Publishing in Top-Tier Medical Journals
- Fundamentals of Writing Scientific and Medical Research Papers
- Publishing in Medicine: Tips to Avoid Common Pitfalls
- A Crash Course on Biostatistics | Part I
- A Crash Course on Biostatistics | Part II
- A Crash Course on Biostatistics | Part III
- Bioethics: Addressing Social and Ethical Issues in Medicine and Science
- Research Reporting and Ethical Reproducibility in Life Sciences
- How to Write Medical Papers: Part 1 (Fundamentals and Standard Elements)
- How to Write Medical Papers: Part 2 (Common Errors and Tips to Avoid Them)
- Crash Course on Clinical Research Methodology & Clinical Study Designs
- Writing a Clinical Case report
- Expert Publishing Tips for Early Career Researchers in Nursing
- Statistical Errors in Medical Research: Pitfalls and Remedies
How To Get Your Biomedical Paper Published
A Practical Guide for Graduate Students and Postdocs
This book is a modern, practical guide that will help you transform your important research data into a scientific paper that can be submitted for publication to a peer-reviewed international journal. It explains the process of designing each section of a research paper and assembling its parts into a coherent and logical “story” that will be read and understood, remembered, and cited.
The book is a must-have for international graduate students and postdocs who feel the need to publish their data in our tough and highly competitive research environment.
With its many timely links to online resources, this guide will not only help you improve and optimize your paper writing skills but also show you how to get your biomedical paper published successfully.
Purchase single copies of the book online or contact us for a bulk purchase offer in combination with e-learning, a webinar or a workshop.
‘How to get your biomedical paper published’ is an excellent booklet and I wish it had been available when I was writing my own first publications. I can recommend the booklet to doctoral students and postdocs.
Dr. Christian Sengstag
Former Deputy of the Vice Rector for Research, University of Basel
Get news according to your interests.
If you would like to learn more, get in touch with us at Karger Education.