Plasma radioactivity following the simultaneous oral administration of vitamin B12 labelled with 2 test isotopes of cobalt (‘Dicopac’ test) was measured in 19 control subjects and in 19 patients suffering from pernicious anaemia. One isotope (58Co) was free, while the other (57Co) was bound to normal human gastric juice. Results of diagnostic value were obtained on 80% of occasions; misleading results occurred in the other 20%. It is concluded that this test is of little value in routine diagnostic haematology.
This content is only available via PDF.
© 1972 S. Karger AG, Basel
Copyright / Drug Dosage / Disclaimer
Copyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in government regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.